Last updated – July 2021
Types of personal information we collect and hold.
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual. We may collect, hold, use and/or disclose personal information about individuals for the purpose of providing our products and services and purposes connected to those products and services (see below for further detail).
Consistent with the provision of our products and services, the types of personal information we may collect and hold include:
1. Your identity and contact details – this includes your name, date of birth, gender, email address, home postal address, delivery address (if different), and your contact telephone numbers;
2. Your payment details - this includes your bank details and payment card details. Please note payment transactions are encrypted by the acquiring bank so we will not retain any payment card details submitted by you;
3. Your profile data - if you register a customer account, this includes the profile you create to identify yourself when connecting to our website and apps (including your username and password) and other data about purchases and your personal preferences;
4. Correspondence and other information – this includes text of communications gathered in the course of our interaction with you on live-chat, social media and emails, and other information from your interactions with us online including cookies information (and information from other similar technologies), including IP address, URL’s, search histories and other associated information.
5. Health and insurance information – this includes insurance information, health information, prescription information, retinal imagery, medical histories, appointment information, family health histories and medicine regimes.
If you don’t provide us with personal information that we need, we are unlikely to be able to provide you with our services.
How we collect and hold personal information
Personal information is held only for as long as the information is required for the purposes for which it was collected.
We take reasonable steps to ensure the security and integrity of the personal information we collect, store, use and disclose, including through restricted server access, encryption and other industry standard security protocols like use of firewalls and complex password protection.
Purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose information
The purposes for which we may collect, hold, use and/or disclose and process your personal information include:
We may also disclose personal information to third party technology, marketing and analytics partners and service providers, including but not limited to Shopify and Microsoft Azure, where that disclosure is for one of the purposes listed above.
Your rights of access and correction
Under the Privacy Act, you have the right to request access to or correction of the personal information we hold about you.
We take reasonable steps to ensure any personal information we use or disclose is up to date and accurate. However, if you believe personal information we hold about you is not up to date or accurate, you may ask us to correct it.
You may also ask us to provide you with details of the personal information we hold about you, and copies of that information.
If you make a request for access to or correction of your personal information, we will respond to your request as soon as is reasonably practicable and within 20 working days.
If we provide you with copies of the information you have requested, we may charge you a reasonable fee to cover the administrative costs of providing you with that information.
Please direct all requests for access to or correction of your personal information to email@example.com.
Changes to this policy
Complaints and queries
If you consider a breach of the Privacy Act (or the Health Information Privacy Code 2020) has occurred or otherwise have queries about our treatment of your personal information, you may direct your query to our Privacy Officer, and we will attempt to resolve your query.
Bailey Nelson’s Privacy Officer
Level 5, 104 Commonwealth St
You may also contact the Privacy Commissioner (see www.privacy.org.nz) if you have concerns about our treatment of your personal information.